Do you want to turn your great idea and passion into a new social enterprise, charity or campaign? Or maybe you run an established organisation and want to explore ways to develop or increase impact. Since 2011 The Melting Pot’s acclaimed ‘Good Ideas Academy’* has inspired and supported people to turn their great ideas into new social enterprises, charities and campaigns.
Creating a non-profit organisation can be a daunting prospect. Finding time to explore new ideas is difficult.
We’re here to help people test out their ideas, turn them into action and make a real, long-term difference to society.
Here’s a flavour of what to expect…
Good Ideas Academy
Good Ideas Catalyst
A series of Catalyst events and workshops to gain inspiration from others and generate new ideas.
Good Ideas Camp
25 people with good ideas
Intensive weekend camps where you will:
- Get creative and explore your idea in a safe, fun and inspiring space
- Hear stories from real life change makers
- Meet other inspirational people and organisations to help build your confidence and network
- Examine if your idea has the potential to be sustainable and make a genuine difference to people’s lives
- Understand how to get started with making your idea happen
- Think about what inspired your idea and where your motivation comes from
1 Chance to pitch your idea, where you will get the opportunity to join the Good Ideas Class of 2019
Good Ideas Class
10 People ready to start or further develop an emerging non-profit organisation
6 Months development programme from January to June 2019, where you will:
- Through weekly workshops, learn how to turn your idea into a new non-profit organisation with help from seasoned experts in: legal structure, marketing, building a team, finances etc.
- Share your journey and challenges with people just like you
- Visit other inspiring social enterprises and learn how they made it happen
- Receive one to one help from people who have been there and done it
- Have access to The Melting Pot’s coworking space and community, resources and events
1 Graduation – your chance to meet and win support from a range of funders and partners
Application to The Good Ideas Class is available as part of The Good Ideas Camp. Read more on the Camp >>
Good Ideas Alumni
On completing the Good Ideas class 70+ Alumni organisations and counting have joined our Alumni.
1 Alumni programme to support people to sustain and develop their work and make more impact.
Once you graduate you will become one of our Alumni and will be able to access ongoing programme of activity and peer support.
*Previously Social Innovation Incubator Scotland (SIIA)