New for 2018, the Movement Makers: Learn, Connect, Do event will enable people in Scotland to explore models, motivations and aspirations for social innovation. Hosted by Glasgow Caledonian University, the event will feature Social Bite’s co-founder, Josh Littlejohn, as keynote speaker, Q&A, workshops and opportunities to connect.
- Learn how innovators start/lead a movement and stimulate social innovation
- Have the opportunity to explore models, motivations and aspirations for social innovation
- Hear stories of success and failure, and listen to expert advice
- Discover movements to get involved with and volunteering/networking opportunities
Tue 24 April 2018
12:30 – 16:30
Glasgow Caledonian University
From practitioners to academics we are bringing together a range of speakers and facilitators from across the social innovation ecosystem to discuss some of the key issues faced by social innovators and how we can share knowledge between us to make the world a better place.
Some of speakers are listed here:
|12:30 – 13:00||Registration|
|13:00 – 13:10||Welcome|
|13:10 – 13:40||Key Note|
|13:45 – 14:45||Breakout session: Social Inclusion|
|13:45 – 14:45||Breakout session: Environment|
|13:45 – 14:45||Breakout session: Health & Wellbeing|
|14:45 – 15:00||Tea & coffee|
|15:00 – 16:00||Q&A with our panel of speakers|
|16:00 – 16:20||What Next? Your call to action|
|16:20 – 16:30||Close|
This event will attract practitioners, stakeholders, and academics from the UK and Europe. Attendees will include social entrepreneurs, policy makers, campaigners, community activists, academics, researchers and students. All of these may become your supporters, customers, funders, suppliers, and partners.
Your space will be in our dedicated exhibition area, which is our core networking space, and you’ll be included in our digital brochure.
Contact [email protected] for details.
We are looking to form a dynamic team of positive, approachable, and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in social innovation. Our volunteer teams provide support and customer service to attendees.
The key areas our volunteers assist will with include:
- Greeting delegates as they arrive at the event
- Registering attendees and/or helping the registration process run smoothly and effectively
- Be the eyes and ears of an event; proactive and alert to any potential problem
- Supporting attendees, providing information about the event including facilities and locations to ensure they have the best possible time at the event
Volunteers must be available from 10.30 until 5pm
You’ll gain an incredible opportunity to boost your CV, and gain invaluable experience. This event will introduce you to the world of social innovation, offering opportunities to connect with industry leaders, practitioners and beyond. You will also get a free lunch and t-shirt, and celebrate with us at the after party (a.k.a. drinks at the pub).
Sounds like an opportunity for you? Email our event coordinator Julie Ellam at [email protected] to let her know what you will bring to the event and what you would like to gain from it.
With thanks to our partners