The Melting Pot offers a comprehensive range of affordable additional services to complement our Venue Hire and Catering options including:
- Discounts available
- Great Catering
- Public Event Marketing (£30)
- Professional Video Conferencing (£25 p/hr)
- Interview Hosting (£20)
- Last minute printing off info for your delegates!
- Bespoke Presentations and Hosting of Delegations
Something we’ve missed? Discuss your specific needs with our team and we’ll see if we can help.
We pride ourselves on quality, practicality and affordability, but you’ll still want to check out how you can get a discount – see below for our options.
Public Event Marketing Service
Want a marketing boost for an event you’re holding here? Our Public Events Marketing service will help spread the word and raises your profile amongst diverse audiences for a one off payment of just £30 (excl VAT) per event.
- An advert in our quarterly Public and monthly Members’ e-bulletin – circa 2,000 people
- Regular tweets to over 5000 followers
- Regular scheduled status updates on our Facebook page
We know how important food is to an event. While we do our best to provide a wide range of catering options sometimes its better to provide you with absolute freedom! With our Self Catering option you can bring along your own snacks, meals or even use our kitchen facilities to prepare food for your event.
Self Catering costs just £1 per person (excluding VAT) and includes use of our cutlery and crockery.
If you would like to have alcohol at your event we are more than happy to accommodate. You can BYOB for £1 per person (excluding VAT).
Professional Video Conferencing Service
Not all meetings need to be done in person, and Skype isn’t always what you need. Making the right impression is vital to success. Our Professional Video Conferencing service is high quality and suitable for single or multi-link connections to anywhere around the world, for small or large audiences. The cost for videoconference is £25/hr (excl VAT).
The benefits of using Video Conferencing include:
- Cost-saving on time and expense of travelling – for all involved. Have a low-carbon meeting!
- Peace of mind with a pre-event test of the links to ensure all parties can access the conference
- Dedicated technical support at hand throughout the event
- Affordable and suitable room hire options – the video conference kit can be set up in either our Meeting Room or Workshop Space depending on the number of delegates you have
Interview Hosting Service
Interviews can be stressful experiences for the interviewer as well as the interviewee – with people arriving very early (or late), needing to prepare themselves and even undertake tasks alongside the face-to-face dialogue. Interviews are a two-way decision making process. Give your delegates the best impression of you and your organisation by being prepared to receive each candidate, and enable them to give it their best shot at impressing you, through our Interview Hosting Service.
For a nominal additional fee of £20 (excluding VAT) we offer each interview candidate:
- A warm welcome and a comfortable waiting space in our coworking area for up to 1/2 hour before their interview
- To be given any tasks or exercises and organisational materials that you require them to complete preceding their interview
- Complimentary refreshments while they wait for their interview
How this will help you:
- Be efficient and reduce the number of people involved in the interview process. Allow us to welcome and set-up your candidates with any tasks, rather than have someone hang around all day. (They’d need to purchase a ‘Desk for a Day’ pass if they intend to wait in the coworking area).
- Reduce your stress on the day. Focus just on the candidate in front of you, not who’s coming in the door next, and if they’re arriving early or late and where they’ll wait
- Provide a professional experience and image of your organisation to your candidates
- Relax knowing that our accessible and welcoming facilities are suitable for all involved on the day, no matter who comes in the door. We’re at the centre of both local and national transport links; the lift means there’s no stairs to negotiate and hearing loops are available upon request
- Create peace of mind for you and your candidates so that you can get the best out of your interview process, and get the best person for the job
Bespoke Presentations and Hosting of delegations
Would you like to bring a group to learn from and about The Melting Pot – Scotland’s Centre for Social Innovation?
Our Founder and Managing Director (Claire Carpenter), personally receives and hosts all sorts of groups from around the world wanting to learn about: social enterprise, social innovation, TMPs business model and impact, the ecosystem and more.
The fee for time spent learning from her can be negotiated and is in addition to room-hire. For more information and to discuss your needs contact Claire.
Everybody loves a bargain – so here’s how to grab yours:
‘Fixed Desk’ and TMP25-TMP100 members get 10% discount for all room hire bookings (any room, every day, any time) when made for their own use. Check out our Memberships
For our larger Workshop Space, every week of the year – a special discounted price when you hire our on a Monday. Prices start from just £135 exc VAT.
Planning on booking multiple separate events here in our Workshop Space over the next 12 months? Book 4 separate events over the year (which have no other discounts), and you get 15% off the room hire costs of your 4th booking. (All 4 bookings must be confirmed together).
Small Group Discount (for our larger Workshop Space):
If you know at the time of booking our spacious Workshop Space that you’re only going to have a small sized group of 12 or fewer delegates then we will give you 10% off the hire costs for this room. This discount applies no matter what day or time (including evenings and weekends) – except Mondays – when we’ve already given everyone a discount anyway!
Note: This discount can’t be applied to bookings made where you anticipate more than 12 delegates but less than 12 show-up on the day. Take out our Events Marketing Service – and let us help you get more ‘bums on seats’ and enhanced profile about the event!
Last Minute Discounts:
Our rooms are usually heavily booked up in advance particularly at peak times of week/year. Everybody wants a Thursday! However occasionally rooms become free through cancellations or there are gaps still to fill which we sometimes then offer at discounted cost.
We send out occasional targeted emails specifying dates available in the following month and the reduced hire prices. For more info and to be added to the mailing list contact email@example.com
To find out more, please get in touch
Bringing together interesting people doing amazing things
Central, affordable and accessible office space and venue hire in Edinburgh, The Melting Pot – Scotland’s Centre for Social Innovation - is here to help.Get in touch