Not9to5 is coming to Edinburgh!
After many successful events in England, March 2017 sees the launch of Not9to5’s Scottish events.
A Not9to5 life is becoming more common in today’s society, increasingly organisations and individuals are moving away from a 9-to-5 working week. This has resulted in a mutual need and desire across the Third Sector for a more flexible approach to work and it was from this trend that Not9to5 has evolved.
Founded by TMP Member Helen Denny, Not9to5 offers professional development workshops, coaching, mentoring and collaboration opportunities with the vision of supporting both individuals and organisations to become even more effective at what they do, resulting in a greater social impact.
“Not9to5 provide an open, safe space for personal development and reflection. It is clear that it is Helen’s vision to bring out the best in people, which is obvious from the first moment you sit in your seat” Tom Boon: Raleigh International
“Interactive, engaging & fun – I thoroughly enjoyed Helen’s Not9to5 workshop at the Raleigh Alumni Conference. Great way for everyone to take a moment, reflect and remind ourselves of what inspires us in life and our purpose.” Marie Duguid: The Social Enterprise Academy
“Both times I have attended Not9to5 events, I have made great contacts that has led to freelance artwork! At the events there is a good informal atmosphere and plenty of time to chat and meet people, as well as do something practical at the workshops. A great place to meet free-spirited freelancers and connect for new projects” Jenny Leonard: Freelance Commission Artist
- Create a space where individuals can make meaningful connections with others working in the Third Sector
- Explore networks, how we utilise them and the value of collaboration
- Provide a forum where skills, experience and knowledge can be shared
All of Not9to5 events are facilitated – there will be a number of short interactive activities during the evening, enabling you to make genuine connections.
Who is this event for?
- New and experienced freelancers
- Anyone who is interested in a Not9to5 career
- If you are managing or working for a charity, social enterprise or social business
- Interim or part-time workers
What is included in the price?
- A facilitated event, led by Helen Denny who has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant within the Third Sector
- An opportunity to connect with other professionals and organisations
- Drinks and nibbles
- Access to the wider Not9to5 community and their services