Want to turn your great idea and passion into a new social enterprise, charity or campaign? Since 2011 The Melting Pot’s acclaimed ‘Good Ideas Academy’* has inspired and supported people to turn their great ideas into new social enterprises, charities and campaigns.
Creating a non-profit organisation can be a daunting prospect. We’re here to help people test out their ideas, turn them into action and make a real, long-term difference to society.
Here’s a flavour of what to expect…
Good Ideas Academy
Good Ideas Academy has three stages: Good Ideas Camp, Good Ideas Class of 2018 and Good Ideas Alumni.
Good Ideas Camp
25 people with good ideas
2 intensive weekend camps on 4-5 November and 18-19 November, where you will:
- Get creative and explore your idea in a safe, fun and inspiring space
- Hear stories from real life change makers
- Meet other inspirational people and organisations to help build your confidence and network
- Examine if your idea has the potential to be sustainable and make a genuine difference to people’s lives
- Understand how to get started with making your idea happen
- Think about what inspired your idea and where your motivation comes from
1 Chance to pitch your idea on the 4 December, where you will get the opportunity to join the Good Ideas Class of 2018
Good Ideas Class of 2018
10 People ready to start or further develop an emerging non-profit organisation
6 Months development programme from January to June 2018, where you will:
- Through weekly workshops, learn how to turn your idea into a new non-profit organisation with help from seasoned experts in: legal structure, marketing, building a team, finances etc.
- Share your journey and challenges with people just like you
- Visit other inspiring social enterprises and learn how they made it happen
- Receive one to one help from people who have been there and done it
- Have access to The Melting Pot’s coworking space and community, resources and events
1 Graduation – your chance to meet and win support from a range of funders and partners
Good Ideas Alumni
67 Alumni organisations and counting
1 Alumni programme to support people to sustain and develop their work and make more impact
Once you graduate you will become one of our Alumni and will be able to access ongoing programme of activity and peer support.
*Previously Social Innovation Incubator Scotland (SIIA)